Chemline is a specialist post-incident advisory service for hazardous materials (Hazmat) emergency teams.
Chemline can call on over 20 years of experience of the ways in which various chemicals affect different protective fabrics.
This truly independent subscription based service was set up in 1997, at the behest of CACFOA, to advise whether chemical protective clothing (CPC) can safely be re-used following a chemical incident. Since then, the majority of public UK brigades have taken out membership and benefit from a wide range of services including:
- Specific incident related advice on potential CPC contamination
- Where necessary, laboratory analysis of used suits for signs of contamination
- Advice on and practical help with disposal of contaminated equipment
- Assistance with drawing up policies for dealing with chemical incidents
- Help with training and current awareness
- Advice on and feedback into British, European and International standards
- Independent purchasing advice
- Twice-yearly newsletter
- Practical help with cost recovery
- Topical seminars
In addition, Chemline has input into the prestigious Hazardous Materials and Environmental Protection course at the Fire Service College and also attends a number of local training events held at brigade level.
In today’s ever more safety conscious society, Chemline gives employers the assurance, and employees the peace of mind, that their protective clothing is indeed chemically fit for use.
For further deatils on the range of services Chemline provides, click here.
CACFOA has agreed an arrangement with Chemline that enables a Duty HAZMAT Officer from each member Fire Service throughout the United Kingdom to access advice from the laboratory. This arrangement runs annually and will be renewed each year. The following paragraphs outline the services offered and how to use them.
Chemline is a non-emergency post-incident service and is available during normal office hours; Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. At other times, or when there is nobody immediately available to take your call, a message can be left on the answerphone. Messages will be dealt with as soon as possible.
Tel/Fax: 01737 778600
To report an incident, please use the Chemline incident submission form